The internet has given birth to an exciting new world of digital poetry. Join one of Australia’s best-known social media poets to explore the creative possibilities of digital poetry: from politics and advocacy to profile-building and pseudonyms. Write you own short-form poems ready for publication online, and get tips and tools for getting or building your digital poetry profile.
Who is it for?
- Emerging and established poets – published or unpublished – wanting to expand their writing practice online.
What will you learn?
- Digital publishing platforms and possibilities, including social media poetry, micro-narratives and meme-making.
- The creative possibilities of brevity through a range of short poetry forms.
- How to engage with online poetry communities and audiences.
- How the immediacy of digital poetry lends itself to commentary, politics or advocacy.
- Tips and tools for getting or building your digital poetry profile.
Fees and logistics
- Delivered in your own venue at a time that suits you.
- From $1,200 (half-day) to $2,000 (full-day).
- Up to 10 participants.
- Includes travel costs (within Adelaide metropolitan area only).
- Customised training and/or one-on-one coaching also available (will incur additional fees).
For enquiries and bookings, phone +61 0499 28 48 37 or email Kate.