Kate’s non-fiction, advocacy writing and poetry has been published by anthologies, magazines and blogs in Australia, the UK and online, including Meanjin, Overland, Kill Your Darlings, Voice&Verse (HK) Artshub, ProBono Australia, Right Now, ABC RampUp, The Big Idea (NZ), ThirdSector (UK) and more.
As a festival, conference and event-based writer and poet in residence, Kate has been commissioned or supported by AsiaLink, Arts Centre Melbourne, Australia Council for the Arts, Incite Arts, Access2Arts, Marco Polo Festival of Digital Literature, NT Writers Centre, Footscray Community Arts Centre, Regional Arts Australia and more.
Recent publications and experience include:
- Our Hybrid Future, supported by Government of South Australia, 2021
- The Relationship is the Project (Deputy Editor, project manager and contributor), Brow Books, 2020
- Publisher Introduction Program (shortlist), Varuna, 2020
- Art Works writer in residence, Guildhouse and the City of Adelaide, 2019
- Hard Copy manuscript development program, ACT Writers Centre, 2019
- AsiaLink Arts Creative Exchange, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2018
- Cafe Poet in Residence, Australian Poetry and Rue Bebelons, 2013-2015
- Poet in Residence, Camden Collective, 2010
- An Apology to the Librarian and other Camden poems, supported by London Borough of Camden, 2010
As one of Australia’s best-known social media poets, Kate also wrote and published a poem a day on social media for more than a decade.
She has been a guest speaker and panelist at a range of arts and literary conferences, including Emerging Writers’ Festival, Digital Writers’ Festival, Melbourne Writers’ Festival and FreePlay Festival in Melbourne, Eye of the Storm Writers Festival in Alice Springs, and Kumuwuki Big Wave Regional Arts Australia Conference in Goolwa.
She is also an experienced researcher, peer assessor, writing tutor and workshop leader, editor and manuscript assessor, and judge for a range of literary competitions and prizes (including the Territory Reads Awards and the Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards for poetry).