As artists, we spend much of our time trying to balance making work with making sure our work can be made. Given the recent changes to arts funding programs across the country, competition for grants and opportunities has never been as high. But many of us don’t know what a successful application should contain. We’re reluctant to boast (or we boast too much). We struggle with imposter syndrome. Or we simply don’t know where to begin.
Who is it for?
- Artists, arts workers or anyone wanting to increase their confidence and skills in writing applications for grants, awards, residencies and more.
What will you learn?
- Why being able to write about yourself and your work is important (and what it can do).
- How to write an effective bio and artist statement.
- The tricks of successful applications: relevance, clarity and feasibility.
- How to make your budgets balance.
- How to make support material work for you .
For rates, enquiries and bookings, contact Kate.