Arts, Cultural and Non-profit Consultant | Arts Manager | Writer
Phone +61 0499 28 48 37 | Email Kate
Kate has more than 20 years’ experience as a leader and senior executive in the non-profit, government and cultural sectors in Australia, Asia and the United Kingdom – with particular expertise in the areas of arts and culture, governance, online communities, and increasing access for marginalised groups.
“[Kate is] an exceptional strategic thinker, an inspirational manager and an informed thought leader” – David Ryding, Director, Melbourne City of Literature Office
Working under her own name and that of her alter ego, Katie Keys, Kate is also a writer and professional poet-in-residence.
- Remote and digital working: advice on how to set up, lead, train and manage your team remotely or online
- Governance: board and organisational reviews, policy development, training, and cultural change management
- Strategy: strategy days, away days, community consultations, strategic and business plans
- Fundraising: grant writing, income generation strategies, board giving, individual giving, donor readiness, applications and events
- Advocacy: community engagement, campaign design and delivery
- Production: design and delivery of projects, events and conferences
- Communications: writing, editing, communication and social media strategies
- Facilitation and training: workshops, strategy days, away days, conferences, panels and events
- Access and inclusion: disability equality training (with Gaelle Mellis)
Kate’s approach is the opposite of clean-slate consultancy. Rather, she undertakes collaborative work in sectors in which she both has direct experience and cares deeply about.
Recent clients include (in alphabetical order): Access2Arts, ActNow, Artback NT, Arts Access Victoria, Arts Industry Council of SA, Australia Council for the Arts, Blind Citizens Australia, Bunjil Place, Centre for Stories, Country Arts SA, Creative Partnerships Australia, Government of South Australia (Arts SA), Government of Western Australian (Department of Local Government, Sport and Creative Industries), Government of Victoria (Environment Protection Authority), Guildhouse, Incite Arts, NETS Victoria, Regional Arts Australia, SALA Festival, The Lifted Brow, The Literature Centre, The Relationship is the Project, Writing WA, Serp Hills Foundation.
- Kate offers a range of half- and one-day writing courses that can be delivered in your own venue at a time that suits you.
“Kate is extremely knowledgeable and has a friendly and open presentation style” – Adelaide workshop participant, January 2018
Kate’s professional history includes recent roles as Director/CEO of Writers Victoria, Co-Convenor of the Arts Industry Council of Victoria and CEO of Arts Access Australia.
Earlier roles include work in London (as Program Director of Shape and Arts Development Officer / Festival Coordinator for the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham), Western Australia (as Performing Arts Touring Manager of Country Arts WA, Front of House Manager at the Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts, and Communications Director of Eycon Studio) and Singapore (as Marketing Executive of the Singapore Arts Festival).
Kate’s full CV can be found on her LinkedIn profile.